Search & Win

Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh man, I got saved...

I posted a blog a couple days ago about not having any one to come and rescue me when I need a break from the kiddos.  I guess you put things out into the universe and you get what you ask for.

On Saturday morning about 11AM, Nanny unexpectedly showed up and took the kids for the day...well actually the night!  SO, we had all day and night Saturday and Sunday morn to get ready for Cam's party and have some fun. :)  Saturday we did get soooo much done.  Saturday night we went to dinner at Sandy's for .50 coneys!  Then we had a fire in the backyard as it was a perfect night for it!  Then Sunday again, it was so unbelievably nice to be able to just run off and go do some errands and continue to get ready for the party, sans kids!  :)  It was a great surprise, and just something I really needed at the time.  I was able to do some catch up on other things I have been meaning to do as well!

Oh, and to boot, Nanny took the kiddos out to get outfits for the party, which took away a very large to- do on my list!  :)  Isn't she awesome!

In my blog post, ( i removed that post for personal reasons) I mentioned how my Mom was just not the type of person who would come and rescue like that even if she was still alive and healthy.  I mentioned that she would have told me SHE never had someone to come and rescue her when things got tough.  By the end of the blog, I had pretty much went from poor me, to WOW, it is almost like my Mom is here talking to me.  So amazing how even though she is not here, I know well enough what she would say to me, if I called to vent to her.  It made me feel good about things again.  And it really made me think and feel comforted about how well I know her, and how good our relationship was like that. 

WELL!!!  My point was really proven yesterday!  The party started at 2:00 and one of my Aunts (mom's sister) got there right on time, if not a bit early.  Nanny brought the kids home after 2:00, so everyone was asking where are the kids.  And my Aunt, who we could use the excuse is almost 80, so she can be blunt, although she was really always overly blunt even when she didn't have being an old bag as an excuse ;) Was loudly saying "Where are the kids?  I came here to see kids Damn-it!"  And I had already told her what had happened.  DJs friend Stephan nicely repeated.  "Susie came and got the kids on Saturday morning so that they could get ready for the party without kids."  And next my Aunt says "HMPH! I NEVER had anyone to do that for me!!!!"  Which is basically exactly the wording I used in my blog that my Mom would have said to me if she was here to hear me complain!!!  OMG, I just about died laughing.  My Aunt said, "I would have just told them to get their asses outside!"  Which is something that you just cannot do now-a-days.  I have a corner lot.  I am not sending my 2 year old out there to play alone!

Times really have changed.  The way we raise our kids and I think family structure is so different.  Parents are more involved in their children's lives, as are grandparents.

Anyhow, I got a big laugh and more reassurance that I do know best what Mom would say.  AND, maybe my Mom did all of the child rearing on her own, but I do not feel guilty, or bad for a minute that I got rescued on Saturday.  I am very thankful that I did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that singular model. The prices for the shoes were around 230 dollars on every site. But finally I base this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous make. The prices seeking the boots are approximately 220 dollars on every page. But completely I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you say about it?

Jim said...

Microsoft's ambitious update to its Office 2007 suite has done away with the familiar, gray Menu of features and pull-down menus shown here in Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007. Some of the most commonly used commands have moved to unexpected places. Here's a sample of what's moved and what's new in Office 2007